In 2011, the Label Grand Site de France, a selective and demanding label, was awarded for a period of 6 years to the Department of Pas-de-Calais.
The Chairman of the Departmental Council identified a powerful outreach tool at the service of the Department and our community, the renewal of this label as a prime objective.
This project is in accordance with the requirements for obtaining the label, both in a logic of preservation, management and enhancement of landscape sites and sustainable development (economic, tourist, cultural, educational and social) in favor of the inhabitants, actors of the territory and those who visit it.
It could also be part of a dynamic of territorial excellence involving local communities, making it possible to make this territory a laboratory for innovation in its public policies within the framework of the progress contract and the project contract.
Since 2001, a technical committee and a steering committee have been set up, under the Co-Chairmanship of the Prefect and the President of the Department of Pas-de-Calais, bringing together local elected officials, stakeholders and managers of the Deux-Caps site. .
When writing the application for the prestigious "Grand Site de France" label, the Department of Pas-de-Calais offered its partners shared governance. Therefore a file written in unison and co-signed by the 20 partners has been submitted to the Ministry.
The Department of Pas-de-Calais, the State services, the Region, the Regional Natural Park of the Caps et Marais d'Opale, EDEN62, the Conservatoire du Littoral, the Communities of communes (of La Terre des 2 Caps) and Agglomeration Communities (of Calaisis and Boulonnais), the 8 Communes, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Opal Coast and the Chamber of Agriculture of Pas-de-Calais are committed to working together around of the following 4 orientations :
- Orientation 1 : Continue knowledge and protection of Heritage in all its components,
- Orientation 2 : Ensure the improvement, management and promotion of the heritage of the Site des Deux-Caps,
- Orientation 3 : Improve the quality of reception on the Site des Deux-Caps by setting up a sustainable reception approach, in line with the spirit of the place,
- Orientation 4 : Enable and optimize sustainable economic, tourist and agricultural activity for the inhabitants of the communes of the Site des Deux-Caps.
Download the application dossier - October 2010
The objective of this governance is to strengthen its partnerships, in order to create the optimal conditions for management and a common vision for this exceptional place. It is organized around 3 places of partnership for decisions and actions :
- The Steering Committee, chaired jointly by the Prefect and the President of the Pas-de-Calais Departmental Council, bringing together all representatives of local and regional authorities, state services, partners and institutions. This steering committee is in charge of the implementation and evaluation of actions carried out within the framework of the sustainable management project of the Grand Site de France des Deux-Caps. It gives directions and sets the objectives to be achieved.
- The Technical Monitoring Committee is co-chaired by the Vice-President of the Pas-de-Calais Departmental Council responsible for the environment and by the Sub-Prefect of the arrondissement of Boulogne-sur-Mer. This technical committee brings together the representatives of the various communities and administrations concerned and is intended to technically prepare the decisions of the Steering Committee.
- A project team initiated within the Departmental Council of Pas-de-Calais. This team includes the staff mobilized by the signatories of the partnership agreement. This project team is in charge of preparing the reports submitted to the Technical and Steering Committees, as well as the monitoring and evaluation of projects.