The Grand Site de France label represents the desire to promote responsible and sustainable tourism in a region visited for its beauty, spirit, cultural and gastronomic assets, and the proud inhabitants who are happy to welcome you.
Some practical tips
- Please help keep the beaches clean!
- In Summer the beaches at Wimereux, Ambleteuse, Wissant and Sangatte-Blério are supervised, please respect the safety instructions.
- When on the coast, remember to consult the tide times to avoid being trapped by the tides: www.maree.info (enter Calais, Boulogne or Wissant).
- Please stay on the pathways! Avoid walking in the dunes - this damages the stabilising plants. It is strictly prohibited to camp and light fires.
Along the coast, line fishing and shellfish gathering for your own consumption is authorised.
For more information about sea fishing, consult the Federation Française des pêcheurs en mer (national sea fishing federation)
For more information about gathering seafood, consult the Parc Naturel Marin des Estuaires Picards et de la Mer d'Opale
- Go "green" and take the bus: Oscar, line No.505, to Wimereux, Ambleteuse, Audresselles, Audinghen, Tardinghen, Wissant, Escalles and Sangatte (Oscar), and the Div’in, line No.5, from Calais to Cap Blanc-Nez during the Summer (www.sitac-calais-opale-bus.fr)
- Enjoy the coastline bike route and the many different walking itineraries to discover the Site des Deux-Caps car-free !